View Single Post
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I've just been trying to do some digging on possible causes for the issue as I don't really like the libxc11 idea. I salute those involved for getting it to work but I feel in the long run a cleaner solution should be found.
It was never intended to be the final solution. Once we have libx11 with working xcb, we just change back the few flags and debian package dependencies from xc11 to x11 and everything works. What I didn't want is to stop Qt developers (and to some degree users) until this day, since writing Qt apps / building Qt libraries and providing the libraries Qt (and other toolkits) need are three independent tasks. I'm concerned with task 1 (e.g. flatboat) and 2 and did only as much for 3 (the dirty libxc11 hack) to keep the other 2 going.

TLDR: I don't oppose a solution, I'm just not able to provide one.

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Rebuilding Gtk/Qt was a suggestion I found regarding 1.4 upgrades. I'm not 100% sure if Gtk uses xcb. I'm not sure about time lines here, but have you tried normal names since fmg's vkb work.
Sorry, but I have no time to dig into libx11 or Gtk details beyond the scope of Qt. IIRC marmistrz tried to build a newer version of libx11 which in turn required other stuff. What do you mean by "normal names"?

The Following User Says Thank You to frafI For This Useful Post: