View Single Post
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
I think this is a great idea. I think that we should also note applications that fall under the following categories:

1. Fremantle applications that were of good quality but no longer work (due to API changes, etc), as original developers moved on to other platforms
2. Fremantle applications that currently work, but are in danger of suddenly not working because there is no current developer support
3. Promising Fremantle applications that were left unfinished

I am most interested in 1 & 2, as there are a lot of good applications already out there that simply need a developer to maintain it. This seems to be a potential usability limiter moving forward, especially in the context of maemo potentially getting a new lease on life via the neo900 and other projects.

I am certainly willing to donate to the cause of keeping/reviving maintainer support for the projects I use and don't want to die.
Yes, it's a great idea! FreOffice is such an application (3), so I added it to the point "office tools"

And it could be a place for developers to ask who'd donate.

@seanmcken: Are you a developer willing to utilize kernel update? Otherwise, don't report it, as it's not what we're talking about.
You mean the power saving mode as on Harmattan?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-03-04 at 17:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post: