View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by FlashInTheNight86 View Post
That switch changes some of controls, to be exact. And it is the same thing as long as keysets contains not only those buttons that differ but also main ones, which are switch-independent and pointed with red.
So, the key here is that you'd prefer one bank of buttons that stay constant, along with another bank of buttons that are switchable. Hmm.

I would have guessed that it would be easier to, say, map the arrow keys onto some of the lower buttons on the remote, rather than overload those five buttons near the top. Are you using those five keys for Eventghost because you aren't using them for your other devices?

To be absolutely honest, I would like to create an universal remote for my particular devices at first, and then, after interface is polished, make it available to work with other devices.
I thoroughly concur with this sentiment! I've gotta say, though, that this is exactly how Pierogi came into existence.

There has been a lot of talk in the past about creating alternative front-ends to Pierogi, and I would certainly like to see that happen, but I've never managed to really clean up the back-end enough yet to make it available as a separate library. Another project I really need to get done someday...

But I'm not quite sure I'm able to. Just in case I coded in Delphi and ASM ONLY. Still worth a try if you support the idea, though.
Yes, I absolutely support the idea. The Pierogi back-end, even if I manage to turn it into a library, might still be a little heavyweight for your immediate needs, though. You might try starting out with a straight-up front end to the LIRC server; several other remote control apps work that way. But yeah, the most popular languages for coding on the N900 appear to be C/C++ and Python, so that's something you might want to check into as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: