View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by blood_falcon View Post
1&2. yes, i have opened my web browser and go to settings and tick "Enable Rotation", but still cannot go to portrait mode

3. when opening the keyboard while holding my phone vertically -> display still lock at landscape.

but, i noticed one thing. when typing or when i opened my keyboard while my phone is still locked. the LED on keyboard didn't lit. it only lit when turning on my phone. could this be my keyboard slide sensor problem?
Yeah, that does sound like the phone believes that your keyboard is open, even when it is closed. I don't think the keyboard light should turn on when you switch the phone on; but, I just tried turning one of my N900s on while the keyboard was open, and yes, it did light up the keyboard.

At this point, I think the link that devilboy posted above probably has the info you need to continue from here; you could either manually tell the phone what state the keyboard is in (by editing the /sys/devices/platform/gpio-switch/slide/state file), or fix the problem directly by repairing or replacing the magnet/sensor pair located just above the "P" key...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: