View Single Post
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Well, it seems that Qt Components is already available for Android as part of the Necessitas project, so that is one option. I haven't used them myself (see signature ), but I'm sure they work OK. The APIs are pretty straightforward.

As for using the Hildonized Qt Components, you would need to ship all the theme images. Presumably, this would rule out use of the Nokia alpha/beta themes due to licensing issues.

So, I would say that the realistic options are:
  1. Use Qt Components for Android. This will require some additional macros and such in your backend code to expose it to the Qt MetaObject system (can seem labourious if you are used to widgets, where your C++ code 'just works').
  2. Use plain QML and design your own components. As above, plus you'll need to build your own QML components from scratch.
  3. Use Qt Widgets and style the widgets using stylesheets or by reimplementing paintEvent(). This might not be that much work if you use stylesheets.

A quick comment regarding the Qt Quick Controls Button component: I haven't used Qt Quick Controls, but I will say that QDeclarativeItem (from which all QML items are derived) has an enabled property, so all QML items inherit this property (along with visible, x, y, width, height etc).

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: