View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
  1. Use Qt Components for Android. This will require some additional macros and such in your backend code to expose it to the Qt MetaObject system (can seem labourious if you are used to widgets, where your C++ code 'just works').
  2. Use plain QML and design your own components. As above, plus you'll need to build your own QML components from scratch.
  3. Use Qt Widgets and style the widgets using stylesheets or by reimplementing paintEvent(). This might not be that much work if you use stylesheets.
Thanks! After checking around a bit, I've decided to give option #3 a try. I've never really worked with stylesheets before, but yeah, they do seem to be pretty easy to use. I've been making some progress, and the UI is looking much better. (I'll append a screenshot to the post.)

Things are somewhat better on the navigation side, too; at least a little bit. It turns out that Qt can recognize the Android "back" button; and, given that Android uses it in a manner almost identical to how Maemo uses "Stacked Windows", that makes my life a lot easier. Everything in Pierogi that was a Maemo stacked window has become an Android fullscreen window that can be closed by pressing that key.

So, it looks like Pierogi on Android may just be doable.
Attached Images

Last edited by Copernicus; 2014-04-24 at 04:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: