View Single Post
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Er, does that mean that I should be creating thumb versions of my various apps?
That's why I've written 'where applicable". Don't worry, I see you as very self-respecting (and by others) developer (not that you should care about my humble opinion, but you know what my point is about, I hope).

From my experience, thumb-compiled memory savings is most important for programs that either run all the time, or have potential to run in background (media player), and most of your programs are rather of a kind that get "full user focus" when running.

OTOH...

Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
but in reality, all the thumb applications I've tried including ones I've compiled myself either perform the same, or slighter better AND are smaller.
...is true, as benefits of updated linaro/thumb compiler manifest itself in code running more efficient on CPU in most cases, too. So, summing it up, if you can, thumb versions for your programs wouldn't hurt (at worst case, it wouldn't provide any improvement, apart from slightly lower size/RAM usage).

If, by any chance, you could do like gdizzz and set up mini-repo that would host all your thumb programs, it would be heaven - this way, user can just define this custom repo in application manager and forget about really tiresome thread-download-link hunting, everytime new version of something is released.

Of course I realize that not everyone have resources (or time, which is most likely case, nowadays) for setting up personal repo, though.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: