View Single Post
Recently, I came across N900 that - as in title - doesn't have 3th battery pin, the one used by BMI. It looks like it was, literally, torn out - and took soldering pad away with it. Quite uncommon damage, huh?

Anyway, the sole purpose of this lacking pin is to be connected to battery - via ~100kOhm resistor, so BMI can be happy and let us live - otherwise, it shuts device down - or, in case of booting, getbootstate (IIRC) aborts booting quite early (which, indeed, is the case for that poor device).

Otherwise, AFAIK, device is in perfect condition. So, getting to the point, I'm wondering if there is a way to save it? Could someone fluent in reading N900's schematics tell me, if there is, somewhere, at least moderately accessible alternative soldering place available (I could glue BMI pin on it's place and connect it with alternative pad via thin soldered cable)?

I determined that micro SMD "object" (resistor? diode?) just next to BMI port was connected to it (by probing other, working device), but there is no way I could attach a cable to something so small, sadly, even using needle-thing tip for soldering iron. Tried it for way too much hours, already

Or, maybe, there is a way to tell BMI/getbootstate to fsck itself from software side? Fake detection? Maybe Pali's getbootstate clone could be used to my advantage here?

Thanks in advance for help,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!