View Single Post
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
1) You can already adjust these screens using the Patch Manager.

2) You don't seem to understand the meaning of 'lockscreen' There can't be any icons as you might hit them accidentaly. This behavior is pretty much the same on N900, N9, Jolla, Android... You must first unlock the device by going to the home screen (where are those 4 icons).

3) You are doing it wrong You don't need to go to the mail app etc. When you see an icon on the lock screen, all you need to do is swipe from the bottom of the screen to enter the Events (Notification) view - the you just tap the notification and it takes you straight to your e-mail. Did you go through the tutorial?

4) Jolla has already commented on this issue. First, they want to emphasize that you can control your app from the multitasking view, so it takes you through there (targeted at beginners). Second, not all apps open instantly, so they don't want to show you just a blank screen - therefore you can see the time and other apps in the meantime - that's what the transition is for.
Hi. Thanks for your comments. The intent of my suggestions is only how I would like to see Jolla running out of the box. Not how I would personally modify it with patches and hacking, although doing such is perfectly fine with me and is fun -like modifying keyboard definitions on n900 and so forth.

In regards to specific replys

1) I hadn't tried patch manager yet but I see it has nice features although, as usual, you have to proceed at your own risk . I will try it soon. Thanks for recommending it. Seems that some of the features patch manager enables should be by default on Jolla. Only adds to my list of suggested improvements .

2)I'm not sure what you mean here. On my android phone (I'm using the Tweaked rom for tmobile galaxy note 3), if there is an update notification I can go to play store to update by pressing the notification. Similar with mail. Also, I can directly go to predefined apps from my lockscreen. Of course some of this capability is due to the great developer that has modified the original rom. But it can be done and I have not had problems with accidentally starting an app as once I've gone from the black screen to the "lockscreen" I can control what to do from there.

3)Thanks, I missed this and it cuts out a step to get to mail. Regardless, I would still prefer to directly go to mail from a notification.

4) The response by jolla, if true, troubles me a bit. I would prefer to go to the multitasking view when I so desire. Not because someone thinks I need to be entertained while an app opens. Hard to believe opening some of these apps is that slow.

Regardless, I hope my intent here is correctly understood. Just trying to make helpful suggestions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post: