View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Let me know when iOS and Siri lets you enter basic calculus or physics or formal logic symbols
Or even something as advanced as the backwards apostrophe. My other half's friend (who, by the way, has been an iPhone user since day 1 and has never had another "smartphone", so I assume she was a profficient user of said platform) was coming for a visit and we spent an hour trying to figure out how to type my WiFi password on her phone. Even attaching the phone to my PC as a USB storage and copying the text file with the password proved problematic. I ended up having to text her the password. Yes, in an SMS: a 30 years old technology FTW.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Still, I might be missing some super-cool-trendy-fresh-funky new wazzup-release-xxx7374-glamour, that doesn't have N900 client.
I must be terribly old-fashioned but for me the whole point of a communication medium is... communication. What's the point of Google talk, Nokia talk, Whatsit or one of 19500 copycats if no one I know and care about use those services? The only IM service I ever use is Skype because no one I know jumps to the new trendy service every time one appears. Fortunately Skype works on my N900 pretty well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: