View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Humm , i would like to ask again what video recording is doing in orchettie an all purpose audio recording app ? Its like adding troch to pierogi .I just fear fat programs would slow down the device as the multitasking window is like launcher for me: orchettie should take care of audio features maybe adding things like translation voice changing recoding audio when music is playing a launching programs via voice etc and another program for a universal video recoder ...... Just my concerns.
Quick reply...
Well... It's like asking why GStreamer handles both video and audio, even though they are arguably different kinds of information. Somebody may wish to record a screen-video with voice-audio included-attached. Somebody may wish to create a plugin for GStreamer which would convert audio to video, or video to audio - if it is possible.
Yes, keeping UI simple and light is a concern. But there is no well-defined line between video and audio. And there are many places where they go side-by-side.
Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: