View Single Post
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Some users on the NITDroid forums report that even though their phones were unlocked (through a shady unlocking service or officially through the carrier), it refuses to flash unsigned images and bombs out. This may be a bug that will never be fixed
When sailfish's image from n9 came out, some users with a branded n9 successfully flashed a non signed kernel.
It seems like some hw. rev. can do it and others dont.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
If you use search in the forum you can find howto bruteforce the simlocked N9 (Although you should just ask the unlock code from your operator, as that is easier).
If the bruteforce is about disconnecting the cable in the middle of the flashing. I tested it and nope.

After reading (a lot) about this:
I have little hope with the unlock code from the operator. It's only seems to change the LOCK STATE of the simlock, but the issue with unsigned images persists.

Here http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609...nlock-1558823/, talks about "..For SL3 Phones unlocked via LBF or Code, you can only change the LOCK STATE
and you cannot change the Simlock Table like SL1 and SL2 phones..."

My two hopes:
* "...There is a way to flash Custom Firmware (android etc) to simlocked N9, but it is not
covered by ATF Software...." still not found

*2ndboot
i have not the skills to do it myself yet.
(even still can't get a working scratchbox. arggggh!)

Last edited by gdelca5; 2014-07-18 at 02:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to gdelca5 For This Useful Post: