View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by gdelca5 View Post
After reading (a lot) about this:
I have little hope with the unlock code from the operator. It's only seems to change the LOCK STATE of the simlock, but the issue with unsigned images persists.

Here http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609...nlock-1558823/, talks about "..For SL3 Phones unlocked via LBF or Code, you can only change the LOCK STATE
and you cannot change the Simlock Table like SL1 and SL2 phones..."
So did you already ask for the lock code from your operator and try it, or are you only thinking it might not work since you read the above information?

My two hopes:
* "...There is a way to flash Custom Firmware (android etc) to simlocked N9, but it is not
covered by ATF Software...." still not found
I don't know anything about this, except that of course there's at least two ways of doing that, but both of those would require access to external HW equipment to do it...

*2ndboot
i have not the skills to do it myself yet.
(even still can't get a working scratchbox. arggggh!)
This has nothing to do with N9 and cannot help you if you cannot flash the device with non-signed kernel; how are you planning to get the 2ndboot kernel into use if unable to flash it?

hmmh, just thought of something, if you cannot flash an unsigned image, how about loading an unsigned image and jumpstarting it?
Of course that means that every time you want to boot the device, you'd need to jumpstart it again

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: