View Single Post
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by JFX View Post
hello hello... HOW do i install this beautiful program onto my beautiful new N800 tablet? I've downloaded almost every file on the source site by you arnimS.. I've also scanned through every single page on this thread.. So anyone have nice straight through directinos I and others can use , what to download, what to install and how, to get dosbox working the best it can so far on the N800? Any help. MUCH.. appreciated.
Ok, today I made a new version that should be a simple one-click install.
  1. Go to http://pupnik.de/dosbox.html in your tablet browser,
  2. click on the OS2008 .deb
No messing with config files, necessary. It should work regardless of whether you are on N800 or N810, OS2007 or 2008. If you have a problem, post it here.

This version fixes the N810 keyboard problem with the missing number (fn key). Also adds some minor optimizations.

I've been able to get mouse working accurately in two mouse games so far. DOSBox can auto-calibrate mouse to screen dimensions. To do this drag stylus slowly across the fullscreen game window, left to right and top to bottom; you may need to do this more than once. If you find that mouse is traveling only in upper-left hand corner, then you'll need to edit dosbox.conf to scale the mouse motion. For example Betrayal At Krondor needs sensitivity=200, but then the mouse positioning is ~perfect~!

Last edited by ArnimS; 2008-02-17 at 01:40. Reason: more info

The Following User Says Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post: