View Single Post
its on hold.

regardless of if you choose webkit, as in qml-browser, or embedlite as a backend, both are AFAIK no longer supporting qt4. When embedlite dropped qt4, marmistrz and myself looked at alternatives but they all needed gtk3 or qt5 to be actively maintained upstream. embedlite could support gtk2 but it would need effort on our part to bring up to date and maintain the code.

What marxian has done in terms of UI using qt-components-hildon is where the project was planning on going. we were using widgets for the UI but as I'd modified a lot of the existing backend to be more like sailfish-browser the plan is to switch from widgets to qml based UI. obviously, any reference to silica would be replaced.

until there is better support and more uptake for qt5 on maemo, i feel it's not worth pushing forward. as ram is at a premium on device, why load gtk, qt4 and qt5? i'm currently playing with a debian jessie image, so there is the possibility that if i get qt5 with maemo changes installed I might be able to move forward again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: