2. now only lock in binary positions with magnets
3a. request to have locking system in binary positions
3b. request to have force between parts between binary positions
3c. request to have sliding rail for alignment
4. implementation in design of 3a,3b&3c
5. i now have made a slider and can remove magnets
6. concept is gone, i go crying in the corner

remarks:
- 3a,3b&3c can not be some separately. if i make a hook, i have to make a cutout over the total lenght to let it slide through. this is a slider rail. if i have a slider rail, i have to have a force between both parts at the entire road. so either a complete rail, or magnets along the way.
- i believe a completely clean design and functionality are completely possible to co-exist
- i love the feel of the current design and think that with two very small alignment dimples this will be more than sufficient

so for now you will have to trust me on this (note: i am an engineer) and have faith in my design philosophy. i will not finish before i am happy with the look and feel.

tl;dr
no sliding rail, hook or magnet bars.
Its more of a guide channel for the force of your thumbs, coz if someone applies uneven pressure you may end up detaching the top half - and that would be bad news for the phone

I'm not asking to put rails on anything, just
a) 2 shallow grooves in the top parts' underside, and
b) 2 dimples in the bottom part that fit into the grooves to allow for smooth application of force

When the bump hits the end of the groove, the feedback to the hand/user will make them not push the top part further

2 grooves at the ends instead of 1 in the middle (as in the diagram)

But like others have said, its your baby.
Since you asked for opinions I gave mine

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sid21177 For This Useful Post: