View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Thanks! I am trying to get Nokia N900 out of the box. It has new screen (not scratched! old "glass" was shedding small bits and pieces every time it was touched), now, and new screws, so it looks like new... If you ignore green rust-like stains on electromagnetic shielding...
But, the USB port remains broken. And battery charger did not survive such frequent usage: its wires fell apart. Maybe, it requires very simple soldering, but I do not have the tools to repair it. Maybe, a week later...
And a child wishes to use it for drawing. And the potential user knows how to use stylus, so I definitely need a screen protector which will be difficult to take off. Even better, armour. Like [post postid=418660]this one[/post].
An interesting question will be said person's computer literacy. Having taken battery and SIM card out of two other phones (multiple times) and put it back, the researcher will have no reason to not do the same to N900.
And backuping-updating the N900 device without a USB port in sight is the first challenge to be overcome.
Still, I am hoping that soon my N900 will not be gathering dust anymore.
Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: