View Single Post
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
The thumb version has a gconf key, /apps/osso/status-area-applet-battery/use_design_capacity
Yea, but before 1.0-9 version, it was doing nothing, for me. YMMV.

I'm still worried by the known issues.
Premature shutdown: so is it possible to calibrate in any way? If not using the design capacity, won't it cause insane results?
The premature shutdown thing was fixed ages ago. It nows calibrate properly before shutting down. Well, at least for me.

And the wiki states that any programs using the BME replacement break after 32 cycles after last calibration. The premature shutdown issue makes it more severe, doesn't it?
By using the gconf key (value 0, aka "don't use go-damned-sucking design capacity, EVER! It's bad. Wrong. Just stop it.), if uncalibrated (that happens after 32 cycles without calibrating), you will get max capacity reported as default value (2048 mAh). So, nothing crashes, nothing breaks, you just get wrong value, unless you do that calibration, finally. So, everything is as it should be.
---

Summing it up, the only bug with latest BME Replacement that I'm aware of, is the one about still using design capacity for calculating which graphical icon (battery "fullness") to show. It's quite frustrating (as it seems that it would be few-liner fix for someone who knows what he is doing), but one can live with it...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: