View Single Post
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I feel like that all the time. With two minor corrections: s/Indian/American and s/rupee/dollar. It p!$$es me off to see something on Amazon US for £120 whilst the same thing on Amazon UK is priced at £200. And of course Amazon US would not ship it to the UK.

One product more or less does not make such a big difference.
Do you have a link to a new retail Jolla Phone on Amazon US? I doubt Amazon officially sells them in the states do to lack of FCC approval and worldwide 3G support.

Also I do agree with bluefoot to some extend. The Jolla Phone could be more solid build and less buggy at the hardware like battery shutdown that is a widely known issue and these things might be some of the reasons why Jolla can't be find in retail stores in central Europe outside Finland. However I choose to support Jolla because I like the Jolla phone and love the Sailfish OS and would like them to succeed.

Unlike Ubuntu Phone and Tizen they've actually had the courage to release a phone to the market.

I know the phone might be seen as overpriced by some, however I support an unique company with a special OS and a vision. Sometimes you can't look a the specs alone.

Also if you look at the latest presentation (http://www.jollausers.com/2014/09/vi...s-forum-stage/) you can see the Marc Dillon has become more insightful from before only talking about the product and the vision to now also mention things like the disbelief in the press early on and more of the history so people can see that they ain't perfect, but they've come a long way and continues to fight.

Last edited by LouisDK; 2014-09-21 at 12:15.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post: