View Single Post
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Albania
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I would rather have better pictures than more pixels. So if "someone" (it's always "someone", isn't it, never "me") wants to work on it, then they can spend their time better on things like removing the quality cap, as suggested earlier.

CCD sensor manufacturers cover their bums by specifying "effective" or "save" image dimensions that are on the order of about 5 pixels smaller on each side than the whole sensor. This is to allow for compensating various manufacturing faults that are most prominent at the edges. Some sensors allow using the full image size, others would not go over the effective size.

I personally think it's not woth it. 0.4% or 2%, you won't see the difference one way or another. Unless there are some bad pixels at the edge, then you will definiteky notice.
removing the quality cap is another feature that i want it too
I have used blessn900 and there are not bad pixels ,
It's like the overclocking thing
Just because most of the n900s arent stable ate 1 ghz this should not mean that we cant release an app that offer the possibility
Or the HD recording , normally my n900 would record at 20fps but this doesnt stop fmg from adding it as a feature

The Following User Says Thank You to UJKU For This Useful Post: