View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
It's utterly useless to argue with somebody who thinks IP can get defined based on a fuzzy "we paid for IT, so IT is ours", when the one stating this has no faintest clue what "IT" actually consists of. I explained to elaborate length which makes your ears bleed that "IT" right now (to my knowledge) has nothing Nokia produced and didn't instantly put under CC licnse and thus Nokia can not claim ownership in it. The "skin" is not patentable or potectable by any copyright, neither is the theme, and the logos are even explicitly published under CC (see previous post) - nobody can stop me from creating exactly same site from scratch right away, by copying all the publicly available content and scripts from SVN. And nobody can sue me when I do so, since nothing in all this *) is protected under any licence (except CC and GPL).
Which basically is what techstaff did - and I'll do again since this site and servers are obviously squatted by owners that have no clue.

*)any blobs of third parties or whatever are not available from *.maemo.org. Period. And nobody *can* shut down this site, since there for sure are a dozen mirrors already (consisting of 100% FOSS/CC content) which would run exactly what we got/need from maemo.org, just under a different URL (since the URL actually is owned by Nokia. Heck maybe we even had to use sed -i 's/maemo/meamo/ `find / `, wouldn't kill us, just annoying)

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-10-02 at 02:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: