View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Originally Posted by chainsawbike
If the trustee decides that something that is illegal is in the best interests of the legal entity they are a trustee for, then the legal entity is liable for the consequences, and in all honesty if you have sane laws then the legal consequences in their own right should make it not in their best interests. The trustee can also choose to step down.
And this is the exact scenario that caused my resignation. When I was unable to trust (root of the word "trustee") that acts being carried out were legal. So, not as bizarre a scenario as you may think, having already happened here.
OUCH! Read again your own answer and what you answered to. You probably want to correct that. The original statement is already non-conclusive - to put it politely *) - and the answer is :-x

*) I learned not to state a single word without lengthy explanation here, so: "If the trustee decides that something that is illegal is in the best interests of the legal entity" (assuming that implied "and acts accordingly" was meant, since a decision in itself doesn't establish any consequence) then definitely NOT "the legal entity is liable for the consequences". The trustee is. Or are you already talking about nonsense like "members of e.V acting in best interest of e.V"? Even then the trustee is the one liable, not the legal entity that trusts him.

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-10-02 at 03:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: