View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
You mean a new site with more or less the same look and feel using the freely usable parts in your pov ?
Tell me about the URL that's not freely usable, which I can download via wget.
Tell me which parts would be missing when creating a complete mirror/clone of what's freely available under *.maemo.org, and filling in the gaps with FOSS stuff like midgard etc. I'm not aware of a single bit you (the user) could get from maemo.org that would be illegal (or impossible) to provide from a mirror.
Actually complete website already should be available from multiple sources like webarchive.org, and Nokia themselves encouraged users to create repository mirrors. Autobuilder is also free afaik. The rootstrap bits are probably bound to sombody "connecting his N900 to the server" to use them, since they are only provided under EULA and need authentication via IMEI. However publishing stuff built using them is again explicitly allowed, and cauldron (autobuilder) doesn't publish the rootstrap bits, it only *uses* them. (please forgive minor heissenbergs in the last one, since I'm not 100% into that, ask freemangordon for details, he's cauldron maintainer) Cauldron itself again is FOSS afaik.

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-10-02 at 03:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: