View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
* So like Jolla are offering their phone at a 'discount' in the Indian market, or how it is running at a 'discount' relative to its launch price in Europe? I don't see what your point is.
There has been talk about that in previous posts in this thread. I do not understand what you are talking about?
Consumer price has to be subjected to the general costs of each country, this is true whether you are selling hamburgers or DVD players, huh??
Also, there's no knowledge whether Snapdeal is carrying part of the cost of the device.

* Sure, but it feels and looks painfully cheap and out-dated. The battery fit issues that plague the phone are fairly unprecedented, in my experience. As for the Motorola G, it's always been priced at and marketed as a budget phone, something the Jolla hasn't.
Have you actually ever held the device in your hand when you are loading out such b******t ?
I have had the device for almost a year in everyday use, and it is nothing like that...
As for "battery problems", there are load of that kind of thing on Lumias, for example, which are truly cheaply made.
I have had none of those on my Jolla device, sorry

* Then I guess everyone is stupid but you? Since this board should represent the Jolla's core market as you see it, a good proportion of people are neither very pleased with the hardware, or its sole selling points (as you see it) - Sailfish & Jolla themselves.
You are wrong, most of the people are very satisfied with their device.

You and others are burying their heads in the sand. Jolla have frequently stated that they hope to become the third largest player in the industry (totally unrealistic as things currently stand), and have clear ambitions. The loudest voices in the community shouting that low quality or hobby level specs / quality of manufacture are the best thing ever, and anything else is stupid, is hardly very productive. People simply don't want to pay for devices that look bad, feel bad, are low specced, and uncompetitively priced on top of all of this, when they're already being asked to overlook the early state of the OS and lack of features and bugginess.
You must be living in a really strange place, if you think like that?

I know several active Linux enthusiasts who use it exclusively on PCs, develop Qt applications and who also laughed at what they thought was a "ghastly looking" phone, and on closer examination / playing with it labelled it a hobby device ... which it pretty much is at this stage.
hmm, I dont
Must be my circle of people are somehow different

* They differentiate 'popular' and 'best selling'. As with most sites who do that, the former is most likely gamed rather than just relying on page hits. Given that there is that separation, I doubt they alter the best selling.
No comment there.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: