Thread: TOHKBD rev2
View Single Post
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I think this is quite an important question: Is there really no way the virtual keyboard can be hidden with tohkbd open?

I can't believe people talk about what the back looks like, but don't care, that there's going to be virtual keyboard always visible, covering 1/3 of the screen in landscape... When you close the keyboard, the full virtual keyboard is not going to pop up, but you will need to hold the space key and switch the layout. And you will need to do this again when you open the keyboard, to switch to the stripped down keyboard version. Unless I'm mistaken...?

PS: Not that I'm not buying - I look forward to the keyboard very much - but I think that this should be thought through as it makes half the experience.
Exactly my thoughts.
What toggles the vkb (while cursor is in a text field) should be the hw action of opening/closing TOHKBD.

Dirk, can you confirm:
1.) in current OS version (Uitukka), the vkb can never be completely hidden? Otherwise, why don't you do that?
2.) 3rd party/community can't make the vkb go away completely, only Jolla can? Just saw that that known issue is in Tahkalampi!
May already gone in Uitukka? Anyone using it already? Haven't seen it in the changelog...