View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by sunil View Post
I renamed the directories and started modrana, but still grey screen. Tried downloading tiles, which completed, but I noticed that the only new directory that was written under .maps is monav_data. There is no new OpenSteetMap I or II folders. Modrana is not writting new folders and saving the tiles. Changed to Google maps and still nothing.
)
@malfunctioning
Yes, I connect to internet then start Modrana and wait till I get a GPS lock before doing anything.

I tried Marble and again, it works well. It wrote a new OpenStreetMap I folder and saved new tiles under 16 folder.

It seems something is wrong in Modrana. I thought I would mention this before I reinstall the application as suggested.

Thanks to all for your help so far.
Sunil
One more thing to try - try renaming the ~/.modrana directory - this is where all modRana settings are stored. If you (re)move it, modRana will recreate it with default settings.

BTW, from the log files it looks like you are using the sqlite tile storage backend, so maybe also try to switch to the files backend.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: