View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I am happy to help if someone can give me a small number of small, well defined, very specific, self-contained tasks.
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
i suppose very first should be checking depenencies on closed source apps to see if there are any using 2.3 or 2.5 as we can't help but keep a version around for them, so it may effect how we approach everything else.

then, check aapo's 2.7 meets all requirements, optification, build options etc. get preferred version into devel.

identify 2.3/2.5 external modules, push new versions as python2.7-modname.

identify list of packages depending on python and those using it as builddep, update to use 2.7. build, test and push.
The above is a perfect example of a small number of tasks that may look "small, well defined, very specific and self-contained" to someone with the required know-how. Unfortunately, to me, it
sounds a bit like "move the froodle over to the sherpool and engage the sprangle to initiate the dudangle." In other words, I have no idea what you are on about

I may have a look at that and perhaps learn a few new things in the process (for example, how to identify dependencies) but I'm afraid it will take much longer than previously expected. I have recently started a new job that requires quite a lot of commuting, which means I usually come home quite late and all that I can think of is a dinner and a bed.

Please accept my apologies for raising your expectations and then failing to deliver.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: