View Single Post
Many have suggested that if Nokia were to return to phones that they would acquire Jolla, in my view Nokia acquiring Jolla would be a bad idea. In my view part of the advantage that Jolla has is that it is small enough to be nimble and flexible. Jolla isn't hindered by the largess, lack of focus, and bureaucracy the is found in large companies like Nokia. Ari Jaaski described Nokia' bureaucracy a "Soviet-like". Jolla has also created something unique and different than what Nokia offered. Being part of Nokia is also a large part of what hindered the Maemo/Meego team, the team willingly left for a reason. Nokia and Jolla also have different corporate cultures, something that is very important to consider. Jolla can offer something different while still reaching mainstream sales channels and not being super niche or small quantity like the Openpandora, an advantage similar to Archos or Meizu.
If Jolla were to become part of Nokia then Jolla should retain a high degree of independence and leverage certain Nokia assets like the brand and intellectual property. Another option would be joint partnership similar to the former Sony-Ericsson partnership.
I think Jolla is best as it currently is and should remain unlike.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post: