View Single Post
Hi,

I was playing with my N9 yesterday trying to get it to boot SailfishOS. I had the partition for it created before (decreased the size of p1 MyDocs to 5.5GB on a 16GB N9), but somehow it got stuck in mass storage mode and I was not able to manipulate with the new p4 partition in any way.

So I thought I could zero the size of the p4 partition (basically deleting it) with sfdisk and create a new one. Somehow during the process it seems I also deleted all other partitions including the system ones. After restarting the phone gives the green text error message and when I connect it to a Windows computer it shows the whole 15.5GB as unformatted space.

Now of course I'm not going to format it on Win, but I expect I should be able to recreate the partitions on a Linux machine relatively easily and then flash a fresh system.
Are there any specific setting for the partitions I should replicate in order to make it work? Or is it more complicated than that? Or alternatively is it possible to repartition automatically by flashing a specific kernel?

Thank you for your tips and I'm sorry if this was asked before.