Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] Links 2 - cool graphical/console browser
View Single Post
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by duskull View Post
Okay thanks much for that one. It works, but it's a little more unstable than version 2.8.6 in my opinion. It often gives me the error "error uncompressing temporary file". SSL doesn't work I guess, it gives me the error "SSL error:unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue?", I've tried it with different sites that support SSL. I did exactly what you told me - from the archive I've extracted the files to /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/etc (/usr/local/etc didn't exist so I created it). And I have a question - must I everytime execute the browser from /usr/local/bin/lynx manually in the terminal or is there an easyer way to do it? Maybe to create a shortcut on the desktop or something like that?
Sorry about that. lynx assumes GNU gzip (and passes --no-name option), whereas we have busybox gzip (which doesn't understand that option). See here for details: http://freetz.org/ticket/1608

After I built the patched lynx (which hence works for me) I created a sort-of automated-build-system (a script and a makefile) for building a number of packages from source (rsync, lynx, alpine, isync, nano -- others are coming) which obviously overwrote the patch.

I don't want to implement my own patching system so I will just do it by hand and post the link again later (not today). Ping me if I haven't done in a week or so.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: