View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I guess I should add my answers here then since I need to act all council-y and whatnot...
What are your interest regarding harmattan platform?
Harmattan was, for me, the closest to a mobile platform mirroring what I'd want in a workflow for maximum efficiency and visual aesthetics. Mind you, I'm a UI/UX guy first, tech lover second, designer third... programmer and whatnot perhaps fourth.

I've the unpopular opinion that I don't think it needs to be supported; a more modern approach with refinements and advancements needs to be in the near future. Looking backward for so long will disable your ability to move forward.

For that matter, I was a lover of BeOS. I now still keep Haiku OS as a VM, but it's not something that I would boot on it's own computer.

Harmattan, too much was closed. But much can be updated. Or replaced. And on a device that's not as much of a deadend as my beloved N9.
What's your attitude towards the role of Council in the Maemo Community e.V.?
It's far too complicated. No need to dumb it down though.
What can we as a community do in preparation of the soon to be shut down Nokia store, or whether a community response is even necessary?
I've honestly no clue. Prior adjustments and people involved have a good course of action; however I'd be honest to admit that I've not followed this closely. I've handled transitions of technology, projects and even problematic projects between different countries, cultures and even agendas.

I'm quite sure there can be a solution that doesn't leave the lights off for good.

I'm quite sure there's more to be answered, said or thought... but I've been here since the days of ITT. I've honestly not liked how things have gone lately - nothing personal, but there's projects I've handled for the US Gov't that were probably handled as bad and they're no longer funded or regarded any longer.

I'd not like to point fingers. I'd not like to be drawn into petty squabbles nor do I want to endure things moving further downhill. I do believe in the meritocracy of open source, I've been known to play devil's advocate more than needed (perhaps) and if anything, I do believe that tech should be made to make our lives more efficient and productive. So I have no patience when the otherwise happens.

And I've been known to admit when I'm wrong; that's one of the best ways to learn something.

Last edited by gerbick; 2014-12-21 at 06:14.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: