View Single Post
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Hmmm... Is it just me but both my N900 camera can not save images after the CSSU update. Can someone else try camera and confirm if this is issue only on my N900's?

EDIT: Seems like my filesystem had become read-only explaining the above issue. Changelog says about checking boot sector dirty bit? Wondering if my filesystem had errors and this "dirty bit" triggered the read-only mode?

EDIT2: Tried filesystem scan from WIndows computer as removable drive did not find any errors. Also noticed that the Photos application shows all my taken pictures twice, with same file name. The same issue is on both of my N900's. Anyone any ideas what might have caused this?
I'm still having the issue of everything located on mmcblk0p1 (MyDocs) being read only. I did run fsck couple times and it can not find any errors on the mmcblk0p1. I'm about to start manually editing the file attributes (adding write access) next to see if that can resolve the issue. Or does someone have better ideas?

EDIT: I noticed that MyDocs and anything under it is shown as drwxr-xr-x file permissions. MyDocs and all files are owned by root and by group root. Is that what it supposed to be? (I never paid attention to these details before when it was still working...) I was able to change the MyDocs directory owner and group to user users but it automagically changed back to root root after little while.

This is really puzzling me. Both my N900's have the exact same issue and it started after I installed the recent CSSU update.

I'd really appreciate if someone can borrow a helping hand...

Last edited by Mara; 2014-12-27 at 02:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post: