View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
[...]Please read Bylaws § 2 (Purpose of the association).
If you think that's not enough spot on the community, that may be due to the fact that it fullfills requirements for tax-exemption, so it sounds a bit "educationalish". [...]
The whole thing simply doesn't mention Maemo Community a single time. I don't see how it would be suited to fix the problem I referred to, that a general assembly and even a board is free to ignore Maemo Community completely. The above lnked URL / paragraph nicely lists a set of purposes of the e.V. which would allow to move the whole assets to support Ubuntu Touch or even Android and shut down maemo completely. Which would be all fine (well... " ") if it was decided by Maemo Community in a referendum, but NOT when a general assembly or even a bord of 5(?) can decide on it.
And all hysterical repeating of "a general assembly is a legal requirement" doesn't help you out of that conflict, the only fix would be to have the according rules in bylaws that clearly state that the e.V. will "obey" to The (true) Maemo Community. As elaborated upon in my previous post.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: