View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Both seems to be not exactly true, which been points I started to strongly question in that e.V. bylaws. It's the core problem that the e.V. can do whatever GA decides and is NOT obliged to listen to The Maemo Community (which win7mac happily bashes *me* to have a wrong definition when I generalize "Community==Electorate", but one line later *he* redefines community as being a handful elitist members of an arbitrary e.V. I feel reminded on some territorial annexation we recently seen, and the plot it been done by and justification given for it)
Quick reply...

The discussion here is more interesting-heated than fireworks I heard exploding this New Year's Eve. Apologies for talkativeness - it may be my sleepiness talking :-) [I seem to have lost ability to differentiate between different kinds of chocolate candies - they are all nut-filling-surrounded-by-chocolate. White-milk or brown-cocoa, does not matter.]

To quote the bylaws: "The Board of Directors executes the Council's and General Assembly's rulings." So, if the Board decides to work without the Council, "Council" has to be replaced with "Passive Members" - that would be a complicated paperwork, indeed, to go through whole Bylaws, if somebody wished to do without Council.

Currently, it's quite fine and nice, interconnected, as it is... Is it defined what to do in case of conflict between rulings of GA and rulings of Council?..

At this moment, there are no fees. And amount of fees is something determined by GA. So, join GA, and make sure GA isn't going to enact fees - problem solved. And, it's not like people would vote to create fees upon themselves, anyway - they would rather donate voluntarily, instead.

To see an annexation, one would need to see a map first. And I do not see the map. I do not even notice Moderators posting on TMO, anymore. Much less, Admins - they are here, or the server wouldn't be running, but Council and Board get much more publicity-visibility.

Am I raising too much noise and racket? Maybe. I just fear that one day maemo.org will be a ghost town. Some rooms are becoming empty, or inhabited by ghosts and robots. Or is it my hyperactivity speaking?

We almost beat the previous election in terms of number of candidates, but that's almost - 11 became 10 [no pressure, just sadness]. I wonder, what's the graph of number of candidates over years of elections? And of voters? Will we see higher voter turnout this election? We can only hope.

Best wishes. Thank you. Happy New Year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: