View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
why would anybody bother to vote for a council that can get overridden by a club of two (1?) dozen peeps in GA, who decide on their own who may become member of their club, if they need to pay for such membership or not and how much, and generally has already hijacked maemo completely? Hoping that this club would allow stable long term democracy just because of laziness, own interest (not to pay fees themselves), or just goodwill, is ... naive.
Maybe tomorrow I should drum up 50 "friends" in my neighborhood who all will apply for e.V. membership, then immediately start an extraordinary GA and change all that bylaws and whatnot stuff in a way I think is appropriate (for me, or for whatever are my aims tomorrow). First thing to decide: rent a Datscha for a fine party paid by the donation funds that The Maemo Community once transferred to HiFo for *maemo* purposes, and they thought they were the ones to decide what those purposes are.

How would you stop me? Except by doing same thing before I could... Or maybe that already happened and we're just waiting to see it? I just wonder about legal implications for HiFo when giving away the Maemo Community assets to undefined random location where they are free for basically everybody to pick them up. I'm just happy I bailed out of that mess of responsibility and failure to see the risks.

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-12-31 at 20:36.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: