Thread: Ces 2015
View Single Post
G flex 2.. oh nice.

We might see a SONY Xperia Z4 at CES. Supposed to be a Z3 with a S810 SoC and perhaps a 1440p display.

We might even wee the rumored HTC One (M9), also supposed to have the S810 but is curiously sticking to the 1080p display. That should mean crazy battery life. If only HTC decides to make the device thinner (<9mm) and shave off those crazy bezels.

PS I finally bought the Kogan TV. I paid late Febuary 2014, was promised it would arrive in 4 weeks. It didn't arrive until Mid May, about 2.5 - 3 months later. It was great but had MAJOR problems. A lot of (and uneven) light bleeding in dark scenes. Very very low contrast (despite the spec sheet). 3D glasses wouldn't pair half the time. A lot of post-processing artifacts and crazy motion blur. Also a slow HDMI connector which was inducing lag on consoles. That was $1,250 in total, and a refund was applied for in May and issued/returned in June (at a loss of ~$90).

I ended up buying an LG 55LB6500 instead. Its 120Hz like the Kogan, but induces no artifacts or lag when watching sports or playing on the console. Its IPS display too. It also has light-bleeding, lot's to be honest, but its more uniform so its harder to notice in scenes. Brightness is good, contrast is great... thus HD quality is much better. 3D actually works (and passive). On top of this, the webOS user interface is quite great... and better than the "Android" implementation of the Kogan. Purchased it brand new with 5 year warranty. Was ~$1,500 but I snagged it for $1,100.... cheaper and better than the Kogan TV.

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: