View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
I've come to conclusion that i don't like Jollas push into tablets area.
Their second device should have been a phone with better 'state of art' screen, more RAM, better CPU, with the same size as Jolla 1 and compatible with TOH-s. Coupled with few really useful TOHs, be it keyboard TOH, powerTOH or any other, just no more ******** desktop wallpaper changers.
I cannot see how marketing a tablet could improve native app situation for jolla phone. App development is largely stalled for phone, and i don't see it would be any better with tablet.
Totally agree.
In fact, in with the Jolla "the first one" I do already own a (mini) tablet with Sailfish OS, 3G and excellent battery life.

The Jolla tablet will bring me more of the same functionality

- minus the option to make phone calls with it by inserting a SIM card
+ extra joy reading comics and watching pictures

At the set price level of the Jolla tablet I don't expect any improvement in camera, speakers and general hardware quality over the Jolla phone, on the contrary.

I don't need either, Just supporting Jola hopefully rebuilding what's left of my dream.

Marketing wise I think I can help Jolla to promote their brand with the tablet better than with the phone.
I have a lot of experience with nobody being interested in the Jolla phone whatsoever.
Tablets are more common good than a phone which is being considered more private, sometimes laying around, self inviting people to try it.
Tablets are more exposed to public eyes than phones because they are bigger and are being used for longer reading sessions.
Exposure including fancy Sailfish moves such as true touch controlled full multitasking (now temporarily postponed by faulty out of memory task killer) and touch control of the minimized tasks might just attract some curiosity.
For explaining Sailfish to iOS / Android addicts, it helps that the screen is big.

Maybe Jolla should have started with the cheap tablet and the move to the ultimate smartphone. Nokia's NIT's only got 3G / Voice throughout step 4 of 5