Thread: Ordered one
View Single Post
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
So after a week some thoughts ...

What I like:
- Very clean UI - even better than WP
- thinking things different - not another clone
- great community
- not so bad hardware (for 249,- ...)
- pull down menues - already miss them on other OS
- freedom of choice - it comes with nothing but the OS and I choos what to install - even basic apps - that's really cool
- ambiances
- open linux basis - easy dev mode - terminal - ...
- geeky ;-)

What I like a bit less ...
- bug in calendar app - add one day to every whole-day- appointment for EAS calendars :-( - need the one from my employer and need to know when it ends - because the appointment are sometimes applied by a secretary or by my boss ... please Jolla fix that ...
- no consistence in the UI - sometimes you have to swipe left, sometimes pulldown, sometimes just a tip ... you can learn how to do it in every app or submenu but it shoul be more consistent to attract new users (not the geeks, the normal ones ;-) )
- no state of the art apps (Facebook, Skype, Evernote, ... ) I know there are some alternatives and I also know that this is not the fault of Jolla ... but if Sailfish should be a success, the are needed - or an implementation in the OS like in Meego or BB10 - don't know how much BB or Nokia paid for that ..
- the lock-screen :-( - what is this for? To show my wallpaper? For any usefull Information I have to pull another site - so it's mostly useless - I really want to see notifications like on my N9 - that's usefull ;-)
- the events-screen - it's not so useless as the lock-screen, but the information provided is still negligible - want my next calendar-events, weather forecast, rss feeds, ... - all like on the N9

What I really want is a message hub like on BB10 (or the r.i.p. WebOS) all in one view - shouldn't be that hard ti implement as there is already a site when swipe to the right (and then a step to the left.left.leeeeft ;-) ) the ambience swither would be enough on one side so ....

Conclusion:
For an 1.x OS this is really a great one. (Anyone remembers the first Android, the first iOS with no app implementation, the first Symbian or things like Bada ;-) ) ...

Hey Jolla, thank you for establishing a whole new, community based and flexible and (mostly) open OS for mobile devices - I'm willing to support you and buy your products (if I can efford them) - please keep on providing linux based software for an open-minded Community

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post: