View Single Post
Update: This is the big one.

Yeah Webcat finally reached version 1.0. It took me some time to get there but I think I got it as close as possible to perfection. (at least when you look at what is there available to work with [WebView in Qt 5])

The biggest achievement in this version besides some new and updated translations is a finally fixed mediabar that should not stuck on youtube and co anymore and a small but glorious hack to overcome the limitation of the statically set devicePixelRatio (that by default made every website and font unreadable on a mobile device).
This means you now should get the same fonts and scaling as with the default sailfish-browser on almost every mobile website. (I tested the most frequent ones I use)
But this also means for existing users of webcat to change their font settings to 16, 12 and 11. You can do so by applying the defaults in settings (which is not recommend if you have other customization done there) or manually

I am very excited about this release and all the help and feedback I got from you all
You are really one of the best communities out there.
I am also excited that there is now competition besides sailfish-browser in form of Web Pirate which is also based on WebKit but comes with a different user interface approach and a more cleaner code (I took only a quick look but man the developer knows to code clean)

As version 1.0 is out now I will work on future versions but at a slower pace then before.

Don't forget that there is a donate button :P

Hope you enjoy this version

Changes:
  • Updated spanish translation
  • Added Cover Action support (Open new tab & reload/stop)
  • Added russian translation
  • Added french translation
  • Added catalan translation
  • Fixed Mediabar (Bugs: hide/unhide,loading forever)
  • Allow to choose quality for yt videos by long press on play or download button
  • Added Credits for translators
  • Added Infobanner (showing when external app is about to be opened)
  • Add hack to override default devicePixelRatio
  • Set new default font sizes (set fonts to 16,12,11)

Get RPM (from openrepos)

Donate using Liberapay

Last edited by llelectronics; 2015-01-31 at 20:37.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post: