View Single Post
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Are others still having problems with wi-fi?

I dug up my N900 and N9 yesterday to backup debs before the Ovi Store is shut down. I ended up playing with my N9 for a fair while, and used it to stream radio overnight. I was amazed that it was still playing when I woke up in the morning.

With the Jolla, I'm lucky to stream 20 minutes before the wifi drops out and either connects/reconnects (stopping any streaming), or just stops with a 'star', 'exclamation mark', or 'stripes'.

This happens at work and at home. None of my other devices (Laptop, N9, N900, N950, Nexus 7 seem to have this problem - I don't think it's the routers).

So, a few questions for anyone with the knowledge:
  • What does the 'star' symbol mean in the wifi icon?
  • What does the 'exclamation mark' mean in the wifi icon?
  • What do the 'stripes' mean in the wifi icon?
  • How can I gain logs to find out what's actually happening, and why the connection is dropping? Is the 'rmmod' method still relevant now that 'restart network' is available in the Jolla settings/utilities?
  • Is this still happening (and to this extent) to other people?
  • Is Jolla aware of this still, or do they believe all the wi-fi issues are sorted? (A quick search on together didn't turn up anything too recent/useful, but then again - just like my description above it is all rather general and useless symbols messages shown to the user).

Thanks!

Last edited by mattaustin; 2015-02-03 at 15:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post: