View Single Post
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I would hope that this would generate much more interest and external contributions to the project than it currently has. In turn I could raise funds via donations, hopefully enough to be able to justify being able to dedicate up to 20 hours per week of my time. Raising funds would also enable me to buy a second N900, and cover hosting costs for a website and APT repositories. In the longer term, I will look for a sponsor to make it sustainable.
It's a shame that you don't have a spare to work on. I have a number of N900s in various conditions - one has a dead microphone, one is one of those HK refurb/forgeries w/ the missing magnet on a flimsy back cover, one is my currently daily phone (used and abused) which has suffered some wicked drops and has dead USB disease (I've been too lazy to repair it because I just rsync and I have spares to use as battery chargers), and finally another used one from ebay that I'm planning to make my daily driver.

I'm in the middle of a apartment move (which is incidentally good for taking account of where everything I own is), so it may take a short while, but I have a N900 surplus and I'd like to fix your N900 deficit.

PM me so I have a reminder.

pharmakon
(bought N900 on release day, lurker on tmo since 2010, Neo900 purchaser.)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pharmakon For This Useful Post: