View Single Post
Hi,

I am in a pretty sticky situation in regards to my N9.

My phones display has conked off so i cant see anything on the screen though i randomly touch the phone on connecting it to PC using a USB chord and it goes to the USB mode and opens up like a hard disk partition which only shows me the Photos, videos,documents etc. on my phone. I cannot access my SMSes.

The phone cannot go in PC SUITE USB MODE. So using PC SUITE is not possible too.

To make matters worse, In India the N9 was never launched. So Nokia Centre technicians here will not repair the phone at all.

What i basically ONLY want to do is be able to access my SMSes via USB on PC (as i cant do anything on my phone due to the display issue) and delete all my stored inaccessible private SMSes in the device. I do not want to use the phone anymore just have it completely cleaned of private information.

I wanted to know, if i FORMAT my NOKIA N9 in USB mode (Which is what we see as a hard disk partition on Windows PC wherein we can access various photo,music and videos on the phone) would it also automatically delete all my SMSes on the phone or only delete the Videos, photos, documents etc. that i can see on my PC.

If it does not delete the SMSes what can i do to access my SMSes via USB chord in my present scenario (No phone access, No PC SUITE USB mode, have only Hard disk partition type access)
Are there any softwares which i could use maybe?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.