View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by tonypercy View Post
I have a spare n900 LCD you can have, if you want.

Just paypal me postage if you want it quicker than the cheapest way to you.

I had a similar problem, I'll try and dig out a photo. Drop damage.

The video out worked, the splash screen was clean, but once booted the screen was garbled. Worse than yours. It was a 'kink' in the flat ribbon that attaches to the main board.
Thank you. It would be really, really nice to have the LCD. In my case, the screen is "garbled" all the time, including boot. It shows a clear line where it cracked, with display being worse off (white-ish stripes obscuring everything beyond readability) in one of two halves. Touchscreen works nicely, though. Thank deities for small mercies...

I am currently having a Bluetooth problem - hoping it's not hardware problem. It can send first photograph, but fails (yellow banner, cannot read it) at second file being sent. It may be anything, from file damage due to continuous battery-drain-replace-fsck cycle, to full home-or-rootfs filesystem. Currently trying ssh -X to talk some sense (aptitude update; I got no graphical program to show itself on large screen - not getting why -X does not seem to work as it should, but I never tried that before) into it. Would be nice to get twenty-thirty photographs out of it, before I make some more (that's an adventure, I tell you, photographing half-blind...).

Also, even half-blind like that, it still is wonderful middle-man for Bluetooth file transfer. Default file manager on Maemo serves as FTP client for Bluetooth (on that topic, can N900 be used as FTP server for Bluetooth? doesn't matter much, since I know of no other FTP client for Bluetooth, here...), and (Share button in this file manager) can send files from device A to device B while serving as middle-man between them. Saves headache when device A cannot send files directly to device B (device A is so-called feature-phone, with obscure and possibly proprietary software; device B is dusty laptop, with windows xp and toshiba software for Bluetooth).

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

[Edit]
After aptitude update; aptitude upgrade; and some restarts, the Bluetooth somehow worked, again. Honestly, it seems to me that my phone is as moody and unpredictable as a human can be :-)
[/Edit]

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2015-02-22 at 22:15.