View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
Anyone know of a good way of checking if it's the lcd or the cable?
my lcd black as in off after i fell down some steps and landed on the phone. touch screen works fine and the tv cable is how i was able to use it to verify phone works and touch screen too. i've taken it apart and the cable seems secure and lcd no damage but i don't know what to do next. i miss using the phone, hate android that i'm stuck with.
Are there any cracks visible? In my case, I can clearly see crack(s) in the LCD (I didn't see them that clearly in the beginning - I imagine that continued use of the display made the crack more pronounced) - but that's because the display is not black at all... Cracks are difficult to check for on a black display, I imagine...

Checking the hardware may be as simple as opening 6 screws (do not damage their hats!) of the display-part of the device, and detaching-re-attaching the plugs-connections (there are at least two of them: main flex ribbon to the board, and display to the main flex ribbon). Since touch-screen works, it's likely either the connection of LCD to main flex ribbon, or LCD itself. If the main flex ribbon was damaged, then I imagine that touchscreen and front camera and light-proximity-sensors would also not-work (depends on extent of the damage).

Read the service manual, please! I have not taken a look at it for a long time.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: