View Single Post
I think that there are serious problems with the cable in the package- I tried to use it to reflash dozens of times, and it just would not work.

The above instructions do work- but only worked for me when I located a Kodak digital camera mini usb cable and used it to plug into the N800- and that was only after downloding the OS2007 to my hard disk, doing a full disk defrag, shutting down all other applications on my machine, and plugging to the back USB on my Unit (Windows XP System).

My OS2007 works fine now, and I have both installed SD cards reading on the unit again-

This is a brutal process- I would advise ALL with new machines to NOT download OS2008 as of yet, as in wait until Nokia gets this whole mess on reflashing straightened out and simplified and gets you replacement cables- <if your reflash messages say there is something wrong with the USB Port or cable, it is likely the cable>.

If you Do Try a reflash attempt- only attempt it once or twice and on a FULL battery, because if your battery is drained it will only get you into the endless reboot of the death screen. Once that happens you do not and cannot know what level of charge your unit is at.

If/when that happens, charge overnight, then unplug, and take the battery out/reinsert (should be near full charge then, even if the screen has been rebooting all night), then follow all of the above steps- with a NON Nokia (ie Kodak Easy Share) type mini USB cable. Switching off all other interfering applications and defragging your hard disk before the attempt should help as well-