View Single Post
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
gianco really needs to capture frames faster than the ~1/30th second rate in standard video to achieve the desired slo-mo effect he referred to in the video, right?
yes, i'm wondering if the problem is hardware limitation or not.

Maybe N900's camera was only built for up to 30fps

but i read about smartphones recording at higer framerates even if the max video size had to be dropped to 640x480 or similar to keep the framerate more locked in.

For example:
Samsung OmniaHD with 8Mpix camera, and 320x240 resolution is able to capture 120fps.
With a windows mobile 6.1 device such samsung omnia i900, that has a 625mhz CPU and a 5MP camera you can record 120fps in 320x240, the camera of this phone has ISO 800 (it doesn't mean 800fps, but means that it can get a very tiny little power signal from sensor in a very short amount of time)
The sensor should be capable of 120fps at 1/8 sub sampling. I am not entirely sure what they mean by 1/8 sub sampling, but I would assume that it means using 1/8 of the effective pixel count or about 1M pixels. If all that is true, then the hardware should be capable of 640x480 at 120fps. Some assumptions there, though.
maybe the key is in the drivers? so we have to try with FCamera ?

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post: