View Single Post
Originally Posted by jmo707 View Post
I'm experiencing unexpected closes, whenever I open the program. After what seems to be a period of a few minutes (4 maybe?) qalendar closes without any warning. I've tried to run it from terminal, but it gives no useful output about this.
No useful output, i.e. no output at all? An innocent "Activating an earier instance", for example, means that Qalendar is already running and you will not receive any info in that terminal. If Qalendar crashes, there should be at least something like "Segmentation fault". Otherwise it may mean that it's being killed.

One such situation is when you replace Calendar with Qalendar, but forget the "--background" switch. This leads to D-Bus launching Qalendar and waiting for it to publish its interface, which will never happen without the switch. After 2 minutes a timeout occurs and D-Bus kills Qalendar.

To make sure that it's not related to D-Bus and that you are really running a fresh instance, launch Qalendar from the terminal using "qalendar --allow-multiple-instances".

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post: