View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
And the email client occasional freeze on its main page STILL not fixed. Must be the hardest bug in ages to fix.
Could be related to the type of your account?
I've got (just one) IMAP account configured, and I have never had any problems like that. Currently about 6500 emails in my inbox.
I am not sure if this is the same thing Larswad is on about but I have also noticed a certain anomaly. I have 7 IMAP accounts, 5 of them set up on my Jolla. All are set up to check for emails every 30 minutes.

When the check time comes and there are emails in more than one account, you get something like "4 new emails" in the notifications screen (or is it called events view? I am confused with the terminology). Tapping on that opens the email client in its main screen, with the list of accounts and the summary preview. You can then go to each individual account etc.

However, when there is a new email in only one account, tapping the notification opens the client straight in that account (or, if there is just one email, it goes straight into that email). You can then go back to the main screen but once there, the email client freezes. You cannot scroll up and down or open any account, including the one you just came from. You have to close and reopen the app.

I had always assumed it was deliberate and considered it a "feature" but it seems to have gone away in Äijänpäivänjärvi.

The browser miss-clicking STILL there.
You mean the thing when you cannot hit the link after zooming, and had to do zoom&pan to be able to click a link?
That was fixed ages ago, and at least I have not noticed any regression like that?
ITYM "supposedly fixed". I still occasionally see it, albeit not that much now as I hardly ever use the stock browser. It happens about 100 times less frequently as in the early releases, but when it does, it does not miss the spot by a few millimeters but by half the screen.

This has definitely been mentioned and acknowledged after 1.1.2.x, with the finger pointed at the upstream engine.

The vkb intermittently not popping up on webforms STILL there.
Does this happen on some specific sites? Have not noticed it myself.
Is TMO specific enough? It happens to me all the time. But there is usually a simple workaround. Just tap anywhere outside the form and then back in and the VKB usually pops up again.

Too much usability crap for my taste in this mobile, they're loosing the game.
I would not put it so eloquently but the sad truth is that they are losing the game. Usability issues, missing or incomplete features... stuff that die-hard fans or hackers who are used to half-baked solutions can turn the blind eye on but ordinary users expect to Just Work™.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: