View Single Post
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
Small things but hugely irritating.
That was my point a few months back. As a non techy/hacking user I just find the Jolla too buggy and the lack of proper Google Play appstore means relying on other appstores i would rather avoid, or just miss out.

Here is what convinced me to place my Jolla back in its box
Originally Posted by *****
You are clearly thinking in the wrong dimesnions. SailfishOS can never compete with Android or iOS, or even Windows phone / BBOS for years. They are serving a small niche that want something different and not the same stuff as all others do. That niche seems to grow a bit lately, as people get bored with same stuff in different clothes since years.

This is a small 120+ people company doing an OS, phone and tablet, marketing, sales, lawyers, etc. It's insane if you ever compare it to other big grown OS'es with multi national corporations behind them and hundreds of smaller companys supporting them / codeveloping.
Thank you. With that post you have convinced me, and probably a few other non developer/technical users, that we are clearly in the wrong place.

To which my answer was:-

I had hopes and expectations which you have well and truly crushed. I am unworthy to drink at the Jolla alter as I am not technical enough and will return to the product for the masses.

I will take away with me a fantastic couple days in Helsinki, some great people who made owning an N9 and N900 such a great club and the realisation that I should not mess with small start ups.

Shame nothing has changed still and OS2.0 is as far out as ever. Lots was promised at the launch and thereafter, little has appeared. The commercial tie ups have amounted to nothing and native apps from those tie ups never appeared. Jolla have gone silent on twitter too

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post: