View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Lipstick is known to be buggy. I got a lipstick restart numerous times, triggered simply by using the phone normally. Half of the times the restart wiped my desktop wallpaper (I got just a black background instead), but none of the restarts were as catastrophic as peterleinchen describes. And, like it or not, it always happened after installing some patch or another. I even went as far as uninstalling Patchmanaver but Jolla is pretty much unusable without some patches so I put it back on. Haven't had lipstick crashing on me for a while and if/when it happens again, I know what to do so no big deal.

All this has been reported by me and a (small) number of people more than once. No solution has been found or, as far as I am aware, even investigated. All you get back from Jolla is the usual silence. The only one who bothered to reply at all was coderus, with his usual, "works for me, problem is your device".

The fact that it affects only some of us suggests some edge condition. I have not been able to identify a specific patch that triggers it. It is as if the trigger was the mere fact that some QML files have been altered, it does not matter which one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: